[bip] Announcing the release of PyCogent.app for OSX 10.6

Gavin Huttley Gavin.Huttley at anu.edu.au
Wed Mar 2 18:30:36 PST 2011

hi,

We've just released a PyCogent app for OSX 10.6 that I think will be of interest to readers of this list. It's basically a multi-tabbed python interpreter that comes bundled with the PyCogent library and its dependencies (matplotlib, numpy, MySQL-python ..). One key novel feature that we've implemented is something we're calling script forms -- a minimalist API defines a script that could be run on the command line or get turned into a GUI form. The goal is to make the efforts of all our work more accessible to command line phobic folk.

Download and have a play, all feedback appreciated!

A blog posting describing it is here http://pycogent.wordpress.com/2011/03/02/announcing-the-release-of-pycogent-app-for-osx-10-6/ and the download link is http://sourceforge.net/projects/pycogent/files/PyCogent.app/0.9.0/PyCogent.zip/download

Gavin Huttley

on behalf of the PyCogent Team