[bip] replacing those shell scripts ... the PipeChain

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Thu May 7 08:18:55 PDT 2009

On Thu, May 07, 2009 at 04:04:22PM +0100, James Casbon wrote:
-> 2009/5/7 Matt Dimmic <reg at plaguerats.net>:
-> > Are you familiar with the pipes module in the Python standard library? I
-> > don't have experience with it myself, but it seems to smooth out the bumps
-> > you mention:
->
-> I'm feeling a bit ashamed now...  I thought I knew the standard library!
->
-> I'm wondering how portable it is - it just calls os.system.  Mine is
-> probably not much better ;)

If you use subprocess instead of os.system, yours will work on
Windows...

C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu