[bip] Reproducible research

Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga humberto at hpcf.upr.edu
Thu Mar 5 15:27:32 PST 2009

> -> The software carpentry course, designed to teach scientists basic
> -> software engineering principles:
> ->
> -> http://www.swc.scipy.org/

> Yep, and you can also look here for some additional pointers:
>
> 	http://ivory.idyll.org/articles/advanced-swc/

It has been recently pointed out to me that most Python tutorials make
too much emphasis on the interpreter. This gives students the mistaken
impression that it's a good idea to program at the interpreter prompt.

I like that the swc makes a greater emphasis on files and printing the
results, even though it uses cat to edit files.

--
Humberto Ortiz-Zuazaga
Programmer-Archaeologist