[bip] Reproducible research

C. Titus Brown ctb at msu.edu
Wed Mar 4 09:07:47 PST 2009

-> > My own take is that for databases and software, a version should be
-> > placed on archive.org.
-> >
-> That will not work for web applications which is what the web server
-> issue of NAR is all about! Furthermore in terms of databases, these must
-> be kept up-to-date as who wants to use a 10 year version of the human
-> genome?

Well, I think the point is that for *reproducible* research you might
want to verify that you get the same results that someone else got, 10
yrs ago....

Note that Wormbase makes "archive releases" available so that you can
reproduce results exactly.

I think version control and tagging is a reasonable intermediate measure
for code & data, and the publishing lab should be responsible for making
it available.

cheers,