[bip] Announcing PEBL (and asking for assistance)

Abhik Shah abhikshah at gmail.com
Mon Jun 23 13:46:35 PDT 2008

Hi Bruce,
   Thanks for your comments. Until now, pebl has only been used within
our lab so the installation and documentation haven't gotten much
attention (yet).

Documentation
----------------------
1. The google code site and documentation now link to the actual license.
2. Documentation lists the specific versions of required dependencies
and platforms where pebl is known to run.

Similar Software
-------------------------
OpenBayes and BNT are primarily focused on parameter learning and
inference while pebl focuses solely on structure learning.  The other
packages do support structure learning but it seems like an add-on
rather than core functionality. They don't include all the learning
algorithms and options that pebl does and don't offer any way to run
code in parallel. I agree that having one package for all Bayes net
related learning is a good idea and I'm interested in integrating pebl
with the BayesNet SciKit.

Code
--------
I've uploaded a tarball of Pebl 0.9.8 to the google code site (and
it's also on pypi) and the latest version is always in svn trunk.

I hope I've addressed all your comments.. I really do appreciate the
time you (and others here) are taking to help me with this.

Thanks,
Abhik

--
Abhik Shah - http://umich.edu/~shahad
Systems Biology Lab, University of Michigan