[bip] parallel recipe and bio libraries.

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Sun Feb 3 18:11:02 PST 2008

Hi,
I have not really looked at the code in depth but Blast uses as many
cpus as told to. Also it handle multiple sequences in a single file
which, in theory, is meant to be more efficient. Also, disk IO is also
a limiting factor especially with SMP (dual processors/cores) so I
usually find there is no advantage in doing database formating in
parallel.

So what I am missing here?

Regards
Bruce