[bip] pygr summer work

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Tue Apr 22 11:05:34 PDT 2008

Hey all,

I'm happy to report that two students working on or with pygr were
accepted by the Python Software Foundation for the Google Summer of
Code.

One student is Rachel McCreary,

   http://code.google.com/soc/2008/psf/appinfo.html?csaid=B6BADB61050FB8F0

and the other is Jenny Qian,

   http://code.google.com/soc/2008/psf/appinfo.html?csaid=16FD71A42C4B7B

I'm also going to be supporting a student or two at MSU to work on pygr,
so there will be quite a bit going on this summer!

Rachel's project is about building examples, tutorials, and doctests for
pygr, in the hopes that we can make the learning curve for pygr a bit
more shallow.  Part of my goal is to bridge to other projects, too, so
think about things that would be useful to you.

I'm going to encourage Rachel (in particular) to post to this list once
she gets started, of course; the goal is to post some of her work to the
bip page.

cheers,
--titus

Dr. C. Titus Brown, ctb at msu.edu