[bip] Please, no further license discussion on the list.

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Sep 28 14:25:25 PDT 2007

Hi all,

I've gotten a number of requests to cut off the license discussion.  So,
I propose that we stick with requiring a BSD license for code submitted
to the Wiki and a CC license for text submitted to the Wiki.  I further
propose to revisit it in 6 months time, if (and only if)

 - anyone feels that strongly that these licenses are inhibiting them
   from actually posting code and text

or

 - off-list people contact one of us to express concern about the
   license, because they have an existing body of code or tutorials
   that they want to contribute

Either of those circumstances would be sufficient reason to revisit the
issue, but until we actually have a problem, it's difficult to discuss
in concrete terms!

An alternative -- and please e-mail me privately if you would like me to
do this -- is to create another list where those people who are
interested in discussing license and copyright issues can do so.  I
would be happy to do this (and I would certainly participate in such
discussions.)

If you have other alternatives to propose, please e-mail me privately
and I will summarize to the list.

cheers,