[bip] MIT/BSD license question

Bruce Southey bsouthey at gmail.com
Thu Sep 27 11:50:05 PDT 2007

Hi,
You probably read the information provided by the Software Freedom Law
Center (SFLC) on including permissive-licensed in GPL code (or probably any
code that is more restrictive than the BSD license) at:
http://www.softwarefreedom.org/resources/2007/gpl-non-gpl-collaboration.html

Also, please take very careful note the terms of the BSD/MIT license
actually used just in case there are no surprises (like unexpected
additional terms).

Note also that the whole package may be under a different license provided
components have compatible licenses. Thus, the Linux kernel is GPL V2 but
contains code under other licenses like BSD.

BRuce