[bip] Writing Code that Doesn't Suck

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Sep 26 13:30:54 PDT 2007

On Mon, Sep 24, 2007 at 08:59:54PM -0700, Christopher Lee wrote:
-> All good points.  I'd like to suggest another consideration: code
-> review.

You might note that I didn't comment on this in the revised article.

So, yes and no.

Absolutely YES, I think code review is very important.

I don't think it's something to suggest that people do before they
release their first version, however.  It seems like a steep "release
curve" to me.

However, I hope that people will jump on new software announced in
bip and start trying to use it, which is a kind of distributed code
review... ;)

cheers,
--titus

p.s. more on pygr code review anon.