[bip] PyGr code review

Christopher Lee leec at chem.ucla.edu
Wed Sep 26 11:51:29 PDT 2007

Hi Nathan,
thanks for volunteering!  Here are a few ideas on the process for a
code review:

- finish the 0.7 release
- complete PEP8 re-formating (begun a couple months ago on Titus
Brown's advice)
- choose an initial module for review.  It would probably be better
to start with something simpler, that the reviewers have had direct
experience using, like pygr.seqdb.
- conduct a code review with at least two external reviewers to
improve code robustness, simplicity and readability.
- each reviewer does an independent review, then we all discuss as a
group via teleconference or Skype.
- follow up with email
- implement changes

How does this sound to you?  What module(s) have you used
extensively?  What module would you suggest for the first review?
What module / aspects of 0.5 gave you trouble?

Yours with thanks,

Chris