[bip] Writing Code that Doesn't Suck

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Mon Sep 24 09:41:46 PDT 2007

Hey all,

I've just posted a draft set of suggestions on how to write/publish
code:

	http://ivory.idyll.org/blog/sep-07/not-sucking.html

People may find it strange that I focus more on form than on substance:
that's intentional.  I find that both are necessary, and the substance
is much harder to get right than the form -- but the form is at least as
difficult to absorb from the community!

That is, there are plenty of books/posts on how to write code well, but
there are relatively few guides on how to structure, package, and
deliver your code to the open source community.  This short list can at
least provide some simple guidelines.

Comments welcome, of course.

cheers,