[bip] changing the Pygr license?

Cory Tobin ctobin at caltech.edu
Thu Sep 20 17:14:29 PDT 2007

My opinion is that the GPL makes your code useful to fewer
programmers.  If someone incorporates your GPL code into their project
then their project must be GPL licensed as well.  Not everyone in the
world is working on a project that can be GPL licensed, ie. commercial
applications, academic projects (I think most major universities has
restrictions on software licenses).  So the number of potential users
decreases when your code is GPL licensed.

Cory Tobin
ctobin at caltech.edu