[bip] bio.scipy.org

Brandon King kingb at caltech.edu
Mon Sep 17 15:46:59 PDT 2007

Hi All,

Okay, I have MediaWiki up and running and have just barely begun to seed
the wiki, but I thought I would let everyone know now in case someone
wants to help or offer suggestions.

http://bio.scipy.org/

I couldn't stand the logo in the top left that said "set the $wgLogo
variable in your config to change this logo", so I found a yellow python
w/ a creative commons remix license and made something really quickly.
We can put up something nicer in the future, but at least we have
something for now.

Next up on my todo list: setting up the Project:Copyrights page.

Other todos:
 * Figure out how to organize:
    * tutorials page
    * cookbook page

To change the navigation bar on the left, you can edit the
http://bio.scipy.org/wiki/index.php/MediaWiki:Sidebar page.

Helpful links:
* MediaWiki User Guide
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/MediaWiki_User%27s_Guide>
* MediaWiki Reference Card
<http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Reference_card>
* Wikitext Examples <http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Help:Wikitext_examples>

Ok, more later, I am going to work on seeding the wiki. Ideas,
suggestions, help wanted.

-Brandon