[bip] bio.scipy.org online... sort of.

Diane Trout diane at caltech.edu
Fri Sep 14 12:06:35 PDT 2007

> Does anyone have strong disagreements with this position?  If so, feel
> free to e-mail me privately and I can summarize to the list, or of
> course you can post yourself ;).

Although too many choices are bad, I was thinking that specifications
should be as open as possible. I feel it would be a giant win for
everyone in bip if as many software products as possible were using at
least some common "interface". (Regarless of if they're commerical, bsd, gpl,
etc. licensed).  (though I'm not sure its time to agree on actually is an "interface")

Since the largest set of shared specifications I know of is all of the
IETF RFCs, I thought it would be useful to link to their copyright as
a "related work")

http://www.faqs.org/rfcs/rfc-editor/rfc-copyright-story.html

Diane