[bip] biopython wiki - cookbook

Mike Dyall-Smith mlds at unimelb.edu.au
Tue Oct 30 14:08:14 PDT 2007

Firstly, thanks to all who are involved in the biol in python work.

[From: Brandon King]
> I highly encourage you to contribute what you can. The wiki is a
> collaborative effort, so there is no reason why you can't post a
> little
> note at the top of any tutorial you write that says "FIXME: Written by

Well, I've made a start on the wiki, adding in a line-by-line
explanation of the cookbook
program 'RenameFastaSequences' (look in the Discussion tab) of:
http://bio.scipy.org/wiki/index.php/RenameFastaSequences

Humberto has added a comment, indicating a correction, but perhaps it
is better for people to edit what is there
if it is clearly wrong/misleading or doesn't explain enough. Also,
how do you know if there is any
discussion or comment on a tutorial page. I see no indication of this
on the 'article' tab page. I have
to look and see.

I am learning so my programming skill level is low. On the other
hand, my english is fine, so I am happy to
help out if I see a FIXME sign. I shall add a similar type of sign to
my discussion page, so people can edit
'boldly'.

regards, Mike
Mike Dyall-Smith