[bip] Pygr questions

Diane Trout diane at caltech.edu
Wed Oct 3 13:46:52 PDT 2007

Hi,

I was using pygr and instead of waiting (potentially forever) to properly prepare my questions and observations I just wanted to toss out what I've gotten so far.

http://bio.scipy.org/wiki/index.php/Retrieving_sequence_annotations_by_location_with_pygr

is useful, though it might've been nice if it also included talking about setting orientation. AKA the annot class should have an attribute orientation set to either -1 for reverse strand and +1 for "forward" strand.

Once I build a NLMSA should I stick to using its seqDict for building queries? (At least until I get to understanding pygr.Data.)

Is it possible to add more annotations to a currently existing NLMSA?

diane