[bip] Another brief pygr tutorial

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Fri Aug 31 07:48:10 PDT 2007

Folks,

here's a discussion of how to use pygr to "decorate" sequence with
annotations and then retrieve them by sequence position:

http://iorich.caltech.edu/~t/bio+python/pygr/fast-retrieval-of-sequence-annotations.html

http://iorich.caltech.edu/~t/bio+python/pygr/fast-retrieval-of-sequence-annotations.txt

I'd be interested in your comments.  Clearly some more discussion is
needed, but I thought I'd try to get this code out...

I've now used this to analyze a ChIP-chip data set and I will post that
as soon as I can suitably abstract the data (which is not mine & which
is also unpublished ;).  I'm also planning to expand this with something
showing how to save the annotations to disk, so that the long & slow
part (building the indices) can be done only once.

I will also post something brief showing how to load in the worm 5-way
whole-genome alignment from UCSC.

Is there anything that people are particularly interested in using pygr
for?

cheers,