[bip] welcome!

Giovanni Marco Dall'Olio dalloliogm at gmail.com
Thu Aug 2 02:53:26 PDT 2007

Something similar happens for GTF, GFF, and most of the other formats I use.
People in bioinformatics are used to work with standard formats
without reading the specifications and changing them as they wish.

This is a great problem: if you want to propose a change in one
standard format, you have to document it clearly, and also underline
the changes by declaring a new version, for example 'fasta 1.1'.

p.s. we are way off topic, we should not mess in this way with the ml.
p.p.s.: sorry, I have sent this mail to your address instead of the
mailing list's one accidentally.