[alife] Job Opportunities at Uber AI Labs

Kenneth Stanley kstanley at uber.com
Thu Mar 16 11:42:57 PDT 2017

Hello everyone,

As you may have heard, we’ve had the great privilege of becoming founding
members of Uber AI Labs after selling our company Geometric Intelligence to
Uber.  Being part of a brand new research lab with the considerable
resources and vast real-world data of Uber has been exciting and
exhilarating.  We’re building something completely new in the world of AI,
where unconventional ideas and diverse approaches coexist with some of the
world’s top researchers.  You can learn more about Uber AI Labs  at
https://www.uber.com/info/ailabs/ , where you can see a very unique team
including familiar names to this community such as Ken Stanley, Jeff Clune,
Joel Lehman, Paul Szerlip, and Jason Yosinski.

If that sounds interesting and you’re currently exploring career
opportunities, we want to invite you (and your colleagues and students) to
consider working with us at Uber AI Labs in San Francisco. If you’re
interested, please send your CV and a brief description of your interest
through the opportunities at https://www.uber.com/info/ailabs/ .  You can
note in your cover letter that you are responding to this announcement
specifically, and mention either Ken or Jeff (or both) by name.  We are
indeed expanding and there are scientist positions available.  While Uber
AI Labs spans a wide spectrum of areas, of relevance to this group is work
touching on neuroevolution and deep learning, and the ideal candidate would
have extensive experience in at least one of those areas, with at least
familiarity with the other.

Please feel more than welcome to send questions to kstanley at uber.com and
jeffclune at uber.com

Please also share this email with anyone you know that you think would be a
good addition to Uber AI Labs.

Best Regards,

Ken Stanley and Jeff Clune