[alife] ECAL 2015: Call for special sessions

Simon Hickinbotham simon.hickinbotham at york.ac.uk
Wed Dec 17 05:57:09 PST 2014

*  C A L L  F O R   S P E C I A L   S E S S I O N S  *

ECAL 2015 - 13th EUROPEAN CONFERENCE ON ARTIFICIAL LIFE:
Embodiment, Interaction, Conversation

http://ecal2015.alife.org

The 13th European Conference on Artificial Life (ECAL 2015)
will be held in York, United Kingdom, 20-24 July 2015, hosted
by YCCSA (York Centre for Complex Systems Analysis) at the
University of York. ECAL 2015 will showcase a wide range of
topics in Artificial Life, bringing  together world-leading
researchers to discuss the latest advances in  Artificial Life.
Artificial Life is an interdisciplinary field, and as such
we welcome submissions from across the spectrum of scientific
and humanities  disciplines, that consider the main conference
themes of Embodiment, Interaction, Conversation

*  C A L L  F O R   S P E C I A L   S E S S I O N S  *
Special sessions will help shape the programme of ECAL 2015.
Each special session showcases important, novel and/or emergent
research directions in an area of interest to ECAL participants.
Special session themes are typically focused, rather than
broadly defined, and generally comprise 5 papers. All papers
in the proposed session will be reviewed through the same review
process as the regular papers of the conference to ensure that
the contributions are of high scientific quality. Once a special
session has been approved, it will be advertised and available
for direct submissions on the conference Easy Chair system:

https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=ecal2015

SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL SUBMISSION FORMAT
The following information should be included in the proposal:
 1: TITLE of the proposed special session.
 2: NAMES of the organizers (including brief biog,
    affiliation and contact info).
 3: ABSTRACT of the session theme (state significance of the
    topic and the rationale for the proposed session).

EVALUATION OF PROPOSALS AND ROLE OF SESSION ORGANIZERS
Proposals will be evaluated by the Programme Committee based on
the timeliness of the topic and relevance to ECAL, as well as the
vision and drive of the organizers, and the quality of papers in
the proposed session. Special session organizer(s) are responsible
for arranging the review process for papers in their session, the
scheduling of talks within the session, and organisation of
Session Chairs on the day.

* I M P O R T A N T  D A T E S  &  I N F O R M A T I O N *
Session proposal submission deadline:  16 January 2015
Notification of acceptance of session proposals: 23 January 2015
Session paper submission deadline: 2 March 2015
Notification of acceptance of papers: 17 April 2015
Paper Camera-Ready-Copy deadline: 18 May 2015
Conference convenes: 20-24 July 2015

* S U B M I S S I O N *
To submit special session proposals or for additional information
regarding the special sessions, please email:

ecal2015-group at york.ac.uk

using the subject header:  SPECIAL SESSION PROPOSAL.

* ORGANISING COMMITTEE *
General Chair: Prof Susan Stepney
Technical Chair: Prof Jon Timmis
Workshop Chair: Dr Simon Hickinbotham
Special Sessions Chair: Dr Leo Caves
Tutorial Chair: Dr Fiona Polack
Local Chair: Dr Paul Andrews
ISAL Summer School: Dr Rene Doursat

We look forward to seeing you in York in 2015!

ECAL 2015 organising committee