[alife] SynBioCCC: Submission deadline extension (Friday May 27)

Kowaliw, Taras taras at kowaliw.ca
Wed May 18 15:21:47 PDT 2011

Apologies for multiple postings.

* SUBMISSION DEADLINE EXTENSION: FRIDAY MAY 27
* SynBioCCC: Synthetic Biology Workshop at ECAL 2011

SynBioCCC: Workshop on the Design, Simulation, Construction and Testing
of Synthetic Gene Regulatory Networks for Computation, Control and
Communication

A Satellite of ECAL 2011 (http://www.ecal11.org/) in Paris, France

*** WWW:
http://www.iscpif.fr/SynBioCCC

*** SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP

SynBioCCC will be the first workshop on synthetic biology at ECAL. It
aims at providing a forum for electrical and computer
science/engineering researchers who wish to be introduced to, or present
their own work in, synthetic biology. This year, we will place a special
focus on the three C’s (Computing, Control & Communications).

We invite the submission of both *papers and extended abstracts* on
related topics. We are especially interested in papers or abstracts
which have tutorial value, or that synthesize existing results. Papers
or abstracts describing new work are, of course, also welcome.

*** TOPICS
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* Reviews & tutorials of Synthetic Biology as applied to commuting,
control & communications;
* Evolutionary & automated design of gene regulatory networks (GRNs);
* Modelling & simulation of GRNs;
* Novel GRN designs for computing, control & communication;
* Results of implemented GRNs (in wet labs);
* New paradigms of computing using genes, cells and populations of cells;
* Other papers related to the use of Synthetic Biology methods &
materials for computing, control & communications or the use of
computers/computing science for Synthetic Biology.

*** ORGANIZERS:
N. Kharma (Concordia University) and T. Kowaliw (ISC-PIF, CNRS)

*** IMPORTANT DATES
* Deadline for submission of extended abstracts / papers: *27 May 2011*
* Notification of acceptance: 5 June 2011
* Deadline for registration: 9 June 2011 for early rates
* Date of workshop: Friday, 12 August 2011

With very best regards,
N. Kharma and T. Kowaliw