[alife] SynBioCCC: Workshop on Synthetic Biology at ECAL '11

Kowaliw, Taras taras at kowaliw.ca
Tue May 17 05:08:40 PDT 2011

* SECOND CALL FOR PAPERS AND EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
* SynBioCCC: Synthetic Biology Workshop at ECAL 2011

SynBioCCC: Workshop on the Design, Simulation, Construction and Testing
of Synthetic Gene Regulatory Networks for Computation, Control and
Communication

A Satellite of ECAL 2011 (http://www.ecal11.org/) in Paris, France

*** WWW:
http://www.iscpif.fr/SynBioCCC

*** SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP

SynBioCCC will be the first workshop on synthetic biology at ECAL. It
aims at providing a forum for electrical and computer
science/engineering researchers who wish to be introduced to, or present
their own work in, synthetic biology. This year, we will place a special
focus on the three C’s (Computing, Control & Communications).

We invite the submission of both *papers and extended abstracts* on
related topics. We are especially interested in papers or abstracts
which have tutorial value, or that synthesize existing results. Papers
or abstracts describing new work are, of course, also welcome.

All accepted submissions will be presented at the workshop. Further, a
selection of accepted papers will be compiled into an edited collection.
Some abstract authors might be invited to submit expanded papers on
their work, to be included in the compiled collection. The format of
submissions is the same as that required for general papers to the
conference (we will consider papers of length greater than the maximum).
Papers selected/invited for inclusion in the edited compilation might
have to be reformatted for publication.

*** TOPICS
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* Reviews & tutorials of Synthetic Biology as applied to commuting,
control & communications;
* Evolutionary & automated design of gene regulatory networks (GRNs);
* Modelling & simulation of GRNs;
* Novel GRN designs for computing, control & communication;
* Results of implemented GRNs (in wet labs);
* New paradigms of computing using genes, cells and populations of cells;
* Other papers related to the use of Synthetic Biology methods &
materials for computing, control & communications or the use of
computers/computing science for Synthetic Biology.

*** ORGANIZERS:
N. Kharma (Concordia University) and T. Kowaliw (ISC-PIF, CNRS)

*** IMPORTANT DATES
* Deadline for submission of extended abstracts / papers: 20 May 2011
* Notification of acceptance: 5 June 2011
* Deadline for registration: 9 June 2011 for early rates
* Date of workshop: Friday, 12 August 2011

With very best regards,
N. Kharma and T. Kowaliw