[alife] SynBioCCC: Workshop on Synthetic Biology at ECAL 2011

Nawwaf KHARMA kharma at ece.concordia.ca
Thu May 5 13:22:15 PDT 2011

[Apologies for possible multiple copies]

CALL FOR PAPERS AND EXTENDED ABSTRACTS
SynBioCCC: Synthetic Biology Workshop at ECAL 2011

SynBioCCC: Workshop on the Design, Simulation, Construction and
Testing of Synthetic Gene
Regulatory Networks for Computation, Control and Communication

A Satellite of ECAL 2011 (http://www.ecal11.org/) in Paris, France

*** WWW:
http://www.iscpif.fr/SynBioCCC

*** SCOPE OF THE WORKSHOP

SynBioCCC will be the first workshop on synthetic biology at ECAL. It
aims at providing a
forum for electrical and computer science/engineering researchers who
wish to be
introduced to, or present their own work in, synthetic biology. This
year, we will place
a special focus on the three C?s (Computing, Control & Communications).

We invite the submission of both *papers and extended abstracts* on
related topics. We
are especially interested in papers or abstracts which have tutorial
value, or that
synthesize existing results. Papers or abstracts describing new work
are, of course, also
welcome.

All accepted submissions will be presented at the workshop. Further, a
selection of
accepted papers will be compiled into an edited collection. Some
abstract authors might
be invited to submit expanded papers on their work, to be included in
the compiled
collection. The format of submissions is the same as that required for
general papers to
the conference (we will consider papers of length greater than the
maximum). Papers
selected/invited for inclusion in the edited compilation might have to
be reformatted for
publication.

*** TOPICS
Topics include, but are not limited to:
* Reviews & tutorials of Synthetic Biology as applied to commuting, control &
communications;
* Evolutionary & automated design of gene regulatory networks (GRNs);
* Modelling & simulation of GRNs;
* Novel GRN designs for computing, control & communication;
* Results of implemented GRNs (in wet labs);
* New paradigms of computing using genes, cells and populations of cells;
* Other papers related to the use of Synthetic Biology methods &
materials for computing,
control & communications or the use of computers/computing science for
Synthetic Biology.

*** ORGANIZERS:
N. Kharma (Concordia University) and T. Kowaliw (ISC-PIF, CNRS)

*** IMPORTANT DATES
* Deadline for submission of extended abstracts / papers: 20 May 2011
* Notification of acceptance: 5 June 2011
* Deadline for registration: 9 June 2011 for early rates
* Date of workshop: Friday, 12 August 2011

With very best regards,
N. Kharma and T. Kowaliw

B.Eng., Ph.D. & D.I.C. (London), D.I.T. (Ed.), P.Eng.

Associate  Professor,
Electrical & Computer Eng. Dept.,
Concordia University,
1455 de Maisonneauve Blvd. West.,
Montreal, QC, Canada.
Postal Code:            H3G 1M8.
Phone:1 (514)848 2424 ext. 3117; Fax:1 (514)848 2802.

This message is intended for the recipient(s) only. Any form of sharing,
copying, reproduction or other utilization of this message (body or
attachment(s)) or part of it, beyond viewing storage and/or making
one paper copy for strictly professional purposes of the intended
recipient(s),
must only be done with the explicit written permission of the original
author, which may be gained through e-mail.