[alife] BIONETICS 2011 - Call for Special Session Proposals

Dr Paul Mitchell pdm106 at ohm.york.ac.uk
Thu Jun 9 01:27:10 PDT 2011

Dear Colleague,

It is with great pleasure that I invite you to submit a Special Session
proposal for BIONETICS 2011 which will be held in the historic city of
York, UK from December 5^th -- 7^th 2011.

This year's conference continues its tradition of providing a
world-leading and unique opportunity for researchers and practitioners
from diverse disciplines to come together and pursue an understanding of
the fundamental principles and design strategies in biological systems,
and leverage those understandings to build bio-inspired systems. For
more information, please see: http://www.bionetics.org/ and
http://bionetics.org/cfsessions.shtml

As a Special Session Chair, main responsibilities would include putting
together a call for papers and inviting people to join a session
specific technical programme committee. You would take a lead role in
soliciting paper submissions and managing the review process. We hope
that session chairs will be able to join us at the conference in
December to chair the session. I will be advising and assisting where
possible as overall Special Sessions Chair.

If you are interested in organising a special session, please e-mail me
with a proposal (to include the name of the proposed special session,
tentative theme, scope and topic areas of interest, and the names of
special session organisers, typically two) by *Friday 17^th June* at the
latest. This will then be considered by the organising committee.

If you have any queries, please don't hesitate to contact me.

I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards,

Paul Mitchell

Special Sessions Chair, BIONETICS 2011

  Dr Paul D Mitchell                  	    Tel:   +44 (0)1904 322415
  Chair, Board of Studies                    Fax:   +44 (0)1904 322335
  Department of Electronics           	    Email: pdm at ohm.york.ac.uk
  University of York
  Heslington, YORK, YO10 5DD          	http://www.elec.york.ac.uk/comms