[alife] Evoversum -- A minimalistic yet powerful Darwinian evolution simulator

Pavel Bažant pbazant at gmail.com
Wed Jul 13 06:45:39 PDT 2011

I have written a new program aimed at experiments in simulated
Darwinian evolution. The program is called Evoversum and you may
download Windows binaries at
http://sourceforge.net/projects/evoversum/
The sources are available through SVN. There are screenshots, too. My
goal is to implement only things that are essential for evolution. I
am not interested in mimicking evolution as we know it on Earth -- I
am rather interested in (Darwinian) evolution per se. For now, I
focused solely on evolution of behaviour -- all the organisms have
identical bodies. An example of evolved (not programmed by hand!) wall
avoidance is the world maze.wld. There are no fundamental limits on
the complexity of their behaviour. Give it a try and tell me what
interesting behaviours you have observed! Contributions and ideas are
welcome. Contact me at pbazant at gmail.com
PB