[alife] Postdoc-Position in Computational Neuroscience at the Bernstein Center Freiburg, Germany

Janina Kirsch kirsch at bcf.uni-freiburg.de
Thu Nov 11 10:10:52 PST 2010

%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
%%                                                %%
%% Postdoc-Position                               %%
%% "Structure and dynamics of cortical networks   %%
%% in the lab of Computational Neuroscience       %%
%% Prof. Stefan Rotter                            %%
%% Bernstein Center Freiburg                      %%
%% University of Freiburg, Germany                %%
%%                                                %%
%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Our goal is to understand the interplay between network topology and spiking
activity dynamics in the neocortex and other parts of the mammalian brain,
and to explore the possibilities and constraints of dynamical brain
function. Our main tools are mathematical/numerical network modeling and
statistical data analysis, often used side by side within the framework of
stochastic point processes and statistical graph theory. In collaboration
with physiologists and anatomists, we seek to develop new perspectives for
the model-based analysis and interpretation of neuronal signals.

We are a young group of researchers from mathematics, physics, computer
science and biology and invite applications to join the lab for a 2-3 year
PostDoc project, and to enter the PostDoc program in Computational
Neuroscience at the Bernstein Center Freiburg.

The Bernstein Center Freiburg concentrates research in Computational
Neuroscience and Neurotechnology at the University of Freiburg, Germany. The
projects are highly interdisciplinary and span from mathematical-theoretical
approaches on the function and dynamics of neuronal networks over
neuroanatomy and experimentally driven neurophysiology up to the development
of technologies for medical application.

Further details on:
www.bcf.uni-freiburg.de/jobs

Contact:
Dr. Janina Kirsch
Coordinator for the Teaching & Training Programs
Bernstein Center Freiburg
Albert-Ludwig University of Freiburg
Hansastr. 9a
D - 79104 Freiburg