[alife] Fwd: Critterding again

Eric Burton brilanon at gmail.com
Tue Jan 5 21:34:23 PST 2010

Hi a-life lists please try critterding for once

http://critterding.sf.net

What I did to my copy in Linux was add an instruction to let them
blink which the ones I'm working on now evolved to use for a while, so
their view sort of flickered and that saved cycles as well but they
have stopped blinking now, since they don't really have to, maybe
because I added these excitatory neuron agonist pills to sort of
complexify things. I don't know, maybe they didn't like what they saw
with their eyes closed when they were on those. We can't read their
visual cortex yet maybe soon who knows

Anyway if you want that source with the eyelids and drugs I'll upload
it, I think the biggest advantage of the blink output is that if they
come to some level of complexity where they have to sleep like people
and fish seem to but bugs and bacteria don't, they can

Alright. Also in the forums are some creatures to try and I can send
mine which are based on the foodotropes but up to 9 pieces now

bye

flamoot