[alife] complex systems programming job opening in Ann Arbor

Titus Brown titus at caltech.edu
Wed Apr 11 10:29:49 PDT 2007

If you are interested in this position, please apply online at
http://jobs-newvectors.icims.com/newvectors_jobs/jobs/candidate/job.jsp?jobid=1472&mode=view

More information on NewVectors is at http://newvectors.net
<http://newvectors.net/> ; for specific information on our agent-based
complex systems group see http://newvectors.net/ESD/emg.htm
A list of our group's papers is at
http://www.newvectors.net/staff/parunakv/
-Ted

----

Programmer/Analyst opening in Ann Arbor, Michigan, USA
	Job ID: NV-JS-02-07

Overview:
	NewVectors, a subsidiary of Altarum, is looking for a
professional and articulate Programmer/Analyst to become a contributing
member of our project team in Ann Arbor, MI. This is a great opportunity
for a professional individual who is ready to move into a fascinating
career in Agent-based and complex systems programming and analysis.

NewVectors is the new name for a long-standing provider of independent
research, analysis and consulting services in the government
marketplace. Our new organization continues our tradition of helping
government leaders and program managers create agile enterprises that
accelerates mission and business performance, while carefully managing
risk.

NewVectors' dynamic work environment emphasizes integrity, personal
commitment, and teamwork. NewVectors offers promotional opportunities,
competitive compensation, and an excellent benefits package. Join our
growing team and be part of our success! EEO.AA Employer M/F/D/V

	Responsibilities:
	Member of project team involved in conceptualizing, designing,
developing, implementing, and executing distributed fine-grained
agent-based systems, simulations, and analysis of complex systems.

	Qualifications:
	Qualified candidates must have the following skill set: BS in
Computer Science or related technical discipline. Minimum 4 years
experience in applications programming. Experience in artificial life,
non-linear systems or distributed artificial
intelligence/multi-agent-based systems (including fine-grained emergent
paradigms) preferred. Strong object-oriented design experience with
understanding of object-oriented programming languages required. Must be
proficient in JAVA and XML. Must have excellent oral skills and writing
ability. Experience with theory of chaotic systems preferred. Must have
the ability to work with a team of software engineers in a research
environment.

Candidates must have the ability to obtain a security clearance. U.S.
citizenship is required.

--
Ted Belding                      Analyst, NewVectors, LLC
3520 Green Court, Suite 250, Ann Arbor, MI 48105-1579 USA