[alife] Job Vacancy: Birmingham Research Fellowship

Alastair Channon a.d.channon at cs.bham.ac.uk
Wed May 4 04:17:49 PDT 2005

Dear Colleagues,

Please feel free to pass this news to anyone who might be interested
in a research post (with job security!):

http://www.cs.bham.ac.uk/news/jobs/birmingham-fellow05.html

Evolutionary and bio-inspired computing is an area in which we are keen
on recruiting.

Here is a short summary:

The School of Computer Science is a dynamic, research-oriented
department graded at level 5 in the Research Assessment Exercise.
The University is supporting our research by investing in a
prestigious Birmingham Research Fellowship.  It is a 5-year
Fellowship that will be awarded to an outstanding young researcher
and it will be automatically converted to a Lectureship at the end of
the 5 year period.  Please see the advertisement on the Personnel
Services site for details about the scheme.

Inquiries for additional details about research should be addressed
to the Head of School at hos at cs.bham.ac.uk.  Formal applications must
be made to Personnel Services preferably electronically, by 13th May
2005.  Please quote the reference number RF 36232.  The Further
Particulars page points to forms and procedures
(http://www.personnel.bham.ac.uk/researchfellows/).