[alife] New artificial life / systems biology community site

Adam Ierymenko adam.ierymenko at gmail.com
Mon Jun 13 20:25:10 PDT 2005

The BostonALife group has greated a new site: greythumb.com.  It's
intent is to be essentially a cross between Slashdot and Wikipedia for
topics such as artificial life, systems biology, and biologically
inspired engineering.  Other related topics such as theoretical and
evolutionary biology are also welcome.  The site will hopefully
eventually serve as a source of news, information, links, ideas, and
discussion forums.

The term "technobiology" was coined on the site to describe these
topics.  Technobiology means the inverse of biotechnology; the
application of biological principles within a synthetic/technological
context rather than the other way around.  The name "grey thumb" is a
play on "green thumb."  Think about it.  :)

We are currently looking for both readers and contributors.  Individuals
with a strong interest in these topics can register on the site and can
contact me if they are interested in helping to contribute.  Any
registered user can add to the wiki and contribute in other ways.  The
site runs the Plone open-source content management system which gives it
some very advanced capabilities.

The site can be visited at:

http://www.greythumb.com/