[alife] Computing & Philosophy @ OSU 2005

pgrim at notes.cc.sunysb.edu pgrim at notes.cc.sunysb.edu
Tue Jan 18 07:07:18 PST 2005

NA-CAP at OSU 2005
Computing and Philosophy @ Oregon State University
August 4, 5, 6    2005

Call for Proposals

Each year, thinkers and creators gather to investigate the ways that
information technology is transforming our world.  Philosophers, engineers,
historians, computer scientists, cognitive scientists, and IT professionals
across the spectrum meet for three days of discussion and exploration.

We are looking for thought-provoking presentations in information ethics,
cognitive science, AI, robotics, social and cultural issues, simulations
and modeling, distance learning, computational logic and linguistics,
electronic and teaching resources.

Please submit electronically an extended abstract of approximately 1000
words, targeted to one of the topic areas below.  The file should also
contain a 300 word abstract to be used in the conference web site and
booklet.

Submission deadline:  February 28, 2005

Please send a copy to the committee member for the appropriate topic area
and to Patrick Grim as program director at pgrim at notes.cc.sunysb.edu.
Submission can also be done directly at http://oregonstate.edu/groups/cap/
by clicking on Proposal Submission.

Information and Computer Ethics
            Terry Bynum                       bynum at scsud.ctstateu.edu
Cognitive Science, AI, and Robotics
            Selmer Bringsjord                brings at rpi.edu
Social, Cultural, and Metaphysical Issues
            Charles Ess                          cmess at drury.edu
Simulations and Computational Modeling
            Branden Fitelson                 branden at fitelson.org
Issues in Distance Learning